Join us for the Conference for Presidents of Small Credit Unions!
We are excited to invite you to attend the conference designed specifically for presidents of small credit unions!
After considerable thought and polling of attendees of this conference, we've made the determination to hold the meeting away from the Association Offices. Nevertheless, we're holding it close enough to the Wasatch Front that travel shouldn't be too great a burden for any credit union.
The Homestead Resort is a long-time favorite of credit unions and Utahns, and provides a perfect location in the early fall. Shopping, dining, and recreation are close in Heber and Park City.
We have not finalized our agenda yet, but have the following basic schedule:
- 8 a.m.: breakfast
- 9 a.m.: Building Sustainability: In this session we’ll take a close look at Utah’s sustainable small CUs. What do they have in common, and what lessons can we learn from their operations?
- 10:00 a.m.: Think Tanks: In this session, we’ll break into three separate groups to take on small credit unions’ toughest problems, and solve them while we’re at it! Three separate groups will discuss and tackle these challenges: how to grow membership; how to increase loans; how to collaborate with peers. After 30 minutes, we’ll get back together and groups will report on their problem-solving, and we’ll have further group discussion.
- 11:00 a.m.: How risky is your business? Conducting risk assessments aren’t the most fun for small credit unions, but not only do examiners like them, but they’re good business practice. Every small CU CEO should know how to conduct a risk assessment on a variety of topics. In this training, Heather will talk about the nuts and bolts of conducting risk assessments.
- 12:00 p.m.: lunch
- 12:30 p.m.: round table
- 2:00 p.m.: Awesome things your peers are doing: Other small CUs in Utah are doing awesome things that help their credit unions thrive. In this rapid-fire session, we’ll hear what they’re doing on incentives for cross-selling, building relationships with sponsor groups, making money with CUNA Mutual, holding events with big payoffs, automating and outsourcing accounting functions, and selling mortgages on the secondary market. Oh, and for good measure, we’ll get a quick review on check endorsements.
- 3:00 p.m.: Thank you and closing!
This year, the cost of the meeting will be $99 per person. However, we want all small credit unions to attend--even those who feel the cost would otherwise prohibit attendance. If you are tempted to not attend the meeting because of the cost, please contact Stephen Nelson at email@example.com. We are happy to provide a registration scholarship for credit unions that need it.
This year, we will be holding the conference at the Homstead Resort in Midway, Utah:
700 North Homestead Drive
Midway, UT 84049
The conference will include a breakfast, lunch, and refreshments twice during the day.
The conference is close enough to the Wasatch Front that you can easily make the drive up the morning of the meeting. But if you'd like, you're welcome to spend the previous night or following night at the Homestead.
Room rates are:
- Executive Cottage King: $159
- Garden Double Queens: $109
- Garden King: $109
Rooms will be available at these rates until July 21. You can book rooms by calling 1-888-327-7220, or online.