Presented by Mary-Lou Heighes, Compliance Plus, Inc.
With all of the changes to credit cards occurring in Truth in Lending (TIL) over the last few years, it’s hard to know if you have every base covered. Let credit union compliance expert Mary-Lou Heighes bring all the elements of the TIL requirements into focus for you as she discusses:
- Which rules apply when dealing with college students vs. rules for applicants under 21
- The differences between debit and credit card error resolution requirements?
- What constitutes unauthorized use
Who Should Attend?
Managers and supervisors in these departments:
Meet the presenter: Mary-Lou Heighes
Mary-Lou Heighes, CUCE, is President and founder of Compliance Plus, Inc., which helps credit unions large and small with the development of compliance programs and compliance training and assistance. She provides compliance training all over the country for various state leagues and credit unions, and also speaks at numerous credit union conferences throughout the country. Mary-Lou has been an instructor at regulatory compliance schools, has conducted dozens of webinars for credit union related organizations throughout the country, and has written articles for Credit Union Magazine. She spent many years working on the very laws and regulations she trains on today.
Mary-Lou has been involved in the credit union movement since 1989. She spent five years working in credit unions and seven years providing compliance assistance through the Information Hotline and writing and editing TIPs bulletins advising credit unions to changes to regulations affecting credit union business.
- How the special credit card rules impact the credit union’s program
- Rules for raising the rate on a credit card
- What you need to know about offering “fixed” rate cards
- How payments must be applied
- Business Development
- Member Service