Entering the World of Consumer Lending
With the shift in consumer’s attitudes since the “crash” of 2008, the lending market has become more challenging. Consumers are being more cautious and have a great concern of uncertainty regarding their employment and how to pay for their debts.
Despite the change there is still a need for any financial institution to offer consumer loans and for employees to be able to effectively discuss the consumer loan products they offer.
This two day foundation building program, takes participants from the philosophy of consumer lending, all the way through how to make a solid loan decision that benefits both the member and the credit union.
Day one topics will cover:
- The Philosophy Of Consumer Lending
- Why A Credit Union Offers Consumer Loans
- The Role Of Regulations On Consumer Lending
- The Terminology Of Consumer Lending
- The Lending Mathematics In Making A Solid Loan Decision
- Ethics And The Role It Plays In Lending
- Understanding The Different Types Of Consumer Loan Products
- Risk Based Lending And How Loan Products Are Priced
- Members Preference Usually Differs From That Of The Credit Union.
- Building Member Relationships By Using A Consumer Loan Application
- The Role One’s Values Play In Lending
- How To Effectively Communicate With Members During The Loan Interview
Day two topics include:
- The Application Process And The Various Application Types
- The Various Documents Associated With The Credit Investigation • Learning The Two Most Important Financial Reports
- The Decision Process And Why The Letter “C” Is Most Important
- Breaking Down A Loan Application
- The Red Flags Associated With Lending
- Understanding Credit Scores
- Information On Credit Reports And How To Read Them
- The 4 Types Of Collateral And How They Relate To Loan Amount • Challenges During The Loan Interview
- Make Decisions On Sample Credit Applications
So, bring a calculator, your organizations blank consumer loan applications, and be prepared for a down to earth exploration on consumer credit. Whether you are entering the world of consumer lending or have some limited experience, don’t miss this opportunity.
FEATURING — John Baptista Jr.
John Baptista Jr. has taught a countless number of individuals like yourself. His down to earth, practical approach to teaching, allows individuals to learn skills they can readily put to use. A nationally recognized training company writes “His workshops are an effective blend of presentation and hands-on participation. And his caring, energetic training style is a plus you’ll appreciate.” Often described as the “Best there is to offer”, John brings laughter, fun and most of all his abil- ity to get others to learn.
John’s experience spans over 34 years in and around the financial industry, 29 years in management, and over 35 years of customer relations. His “real world” experiences provide a new learning dimension to each of his programs. His teaching experience includes over 4 years at the College level and over three decades as a presenter of seminars which makes his programs tops.
He is an alumnus of the University of Southern California and the University of San Diego.